TimberSaver® Borate Treated Wood
TimberSaver® PT is treated with a borate based wood preservative. It provides permanent protection against Formosan and other termite species, decay fungi and wood destroying insects in dry interior applications. It is not suitable for applications exposed to the weather or in ground contact, and must be protected from exposure to liquid water.
- Preservative treated with Disodium Octoborate Tetrahydrate (DOT)
- Applicable only in dry interior applications such as wood frame construction
- Protects against Formosan Termites and other wood destroying insects
- Protects against fungal decay
- Non-corrosive to metal fasteners
- Non-toxic to humans and animals
- Does not adversely effect the strength properties of the treated lumber or plywood
- Is a colorless treatment but is also available with a dye to make job site product identification easier
- Is applied through a pressure treatment process to optimize penetration of borate preservative
- Lumber and plywood must be protected from exposure to the weather while in transit and while being stored at retail yards and job sites
- Penetrates difficult to treat refractory species such as Spruce-Pine-Fir and Douglas Fir
- Covered by a 20-Year transferable limited warranty against structural damage due to fungal decay and/or insect damage, including both native and Formosan termites
- Framing lumber
- Sill plates
- Floor joists
- Roof rafters
- Interior sheathing
- Furring strips
- Wood trim
Standards and Approvals
- Meets American Wood-Preservers' Association standards
- Meets State of Hawaii requirements for protection against Formosan termites
Decay & Termite Protection
Termite attack on wooden structures in the United States leads to billions of dollars in damages each year. In recent years, the introduction of the Formosan termite into Hawaii and the southern US has been well documented, and has lead to a significant increase in the degree and rate of termite damage caused to homes and commercial structures.
For interior applications such as wood frame construction and interior sheathing applications, TimberSaver® PT provide protection against attack from Formosan termites, decay and wood destroying insects.
Safety & HandlingTimberSaver® PT pressure-treated products do not contain any EPA-listed hazardous chemicals and are easy to work with, requiring no special precautions other than routine wood working safety procedures. When working with or machining TimberSaver® PT pressure-treated wood, the following safety precautions should be followed:
- Wear gloves to protect against splinters
- Wear a dust mask when machining any wood to reduce the inhalation of wood dusts
- Wear appropriate eye protection to reduce the potential for eye injury from wood particles and flying debris during machining
- Wash thoroughly with mild soap and water after working with treated wood
- Wood scraps can be disposed of by ordinary trash collection.
- Do not burn
TimberSaver® PT product specification
To download a PDF of the TimberSaver® PT product specification Click here
To download a PDF of the TimberSaver® MSDS Click here
For more information on Borate TimberSaver® visit Treated Wood
In Everything we Do
We're Committed to Quality!