History of CM Tucker Lumber
Carl M. Tucker, Sr.
Carl M. Tucker, Jr.
Carl M. Tucker, III
C.M. Tucker Lumber was founded in 1920 by C.M. Tucker, Sr. who firmly believed that durable, well-made products, personal contact, and exceptional service equaled success. C.M. Tucker didn’t know it then, but he was building a legacy that has been handed down four generations. In 1935, C.M. Tucker, Jr. joined his father at the company after graduating from UNC Chapel Hill and Harvard Business School. Other than the time he spent in the U.S. Navy during World War II, C.M. Tucker Jr. spent his entire working career in Pageland. During his tenure, the company began to focus on specialty products which helped differentiate itself from the competition. In 1970, Carl Tucker, III joined his father at work. He immediately committed the business to a seven year expansion program which updated much of the equipment throughout the mill. Carl also diversified the company into the wood preservation business and added lumber remanufacturing machines to begin specializing in deck components and fencing. Known now as C.M. Tucker Lumber Companies, LLC, Carl continues to take pride in the company’s expansion, but even more so in the fact that it is known for outstanding quality, service and customer relations.
Starting in 1995 the fourth generation of Tucker men began to make their way back into the family business. First came David in 1995, then Mark joined the workforce in 1997 followed by Paul in 2002 and finally Andrew in 2006. They all enjoy carrying on the legacy that their great-grandfather began.
C.M. Tucker Lumber Companies, LLC owes its continued success to its team of dedicated professionals who are committed to upholding the company’s high standards and to supplying quality products to the market. Operating out of facilities in Pageland, SC, Middleburg, NC, and Rock Hill, SC, the company now can ship over 185 loads per day in its busy season, maintains an employment of around 380 people and ships product throughout the United States. What began as a small town lumber yard and retail shop has transformed over almost 100 years into one of the highest volume lumber pressure treaters in the United States.